Background


Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Abbey....

It was a big decision and took a lot of soul searching (a whole month's worth) but we might just be able to be "cat people". Or THIS cat's people anyway. ;) We won't push it just yet. There's still a part of me that still believes I'm a dog person and is even a little embarassed to be seen in the cat aisle at Wal-Mart. Not that there's anything embarassing about being a cat person. I've just always been a dog person and now my identity is being shaken up a bit. *stop laughing* It cracks Mike up that I zip down the cat aisle as fast as I can and actually hide the cat food and litter underneath my basket with things surrounding it so no one can see it. I know...like anyone cares. See, logically I know it's silly but my emotions have yet to catch up with my logic. ;)
We must be meant to have this cat because I worked very hard to find her owner and there's just not one to be found. While I was working to find an owner, she was just working her way into our family...and shockingly fitting right in. Mike and I are more surprised than anyone. Who would have thought??? She's smart and actually behaves better than our dogs...but what won us over in the end was...this cat actually gives real hugs. Sweetest thing I've ever seen.
So, we've officially adopted kitty and finally given her a name....meet the newest member of the Glade family...Abbey. She has a name, a collar, a bed, cat toys...she's all moved in.

And there's ONE more thing.................

We found out she's PREGNANT...little hussy. ;)

Never a dull moment around here...never. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment